Do you have a website but aren’t making any money?
Or you make some money, but it isn’t enough to make a living?
And you put in countless if not thousands of hours, but it’s not working?
Then the four most common reasons why you aren’t making money online and what’s stopping you and your website from getting the money you deserve!
1. You Have No Or The Wrong Product
Or in other words: You Never Try To Sell Anything.
My first question would be: Do you have a product to sell? Or just a website with information?
And if you have a product, are you selling it? Are you telling everybody about your product? Or do you keep it hidden?
Furthermore, is your product something people want, need, and desire to solve their challenges, needs, and problems?
Or is it something people might only like, but not love?
If you want to make money online you need a product you believe in and that people actually need and want to buy.
Do you have that product combined with an irresistible offer?
Or are you too scared to sell what you have to offer?
For example: A blog alone is no product, nor is a website with only information on it.
Can you still make a lot of money with a normal website?
Yes, if your traffic is right.
If you get a lot of traffic, you get money no matter what. But even then it would be easier to make a lot of money if you have a good product to sell.
By the way, it doesn’t have to be your product.
You can make millions selling other peoples products.
2. You Have No Or The Wrong Traffic
If nobody knows your product or visits your website, how are you going to sell your product and make money?
If people don’t know you, they can’t buy from you.
You need to get attention.
I repeat myself, you need to get attention.
Because we are in the attention economy right now.
We have information overload and get bombarded with it everywhere we go.
That’s why everybody fights for our attention.
See newspapers with sensational headlines, social media designed to get you addicted, or websites so full of pop-ups and advertisements you can’t even operate the website.
If you want to make money, you need attention. People need to know that you are out there.
If you have a problem with marketing yourself, then that’s mostly because of two things:
- You have a crappy product. A product that you don’t believe in.
- You are not sold on you and don’t want attention. You only want the money.
Because if you were sold on you and that you are the right person to do the job and if you are sold on your product and know that what you are selling or doing is the best thing that is out there, you will be forced to market yourself.
Because it would be a loss to other people to not know you and your product.
As a test answer these questions really quick:
- Do you believe your product or website is the best that is out there?
- Do you believe you are the right person to do it?
- Are you convinced that people need to know you, your product, and your website? Because their lives will be better and they need you?
Now, what are your answers?
If you don’t make money online it’s because you know your product isn’t the best, your are not the best, or/and you don’t believe in you and your product.
Change that. It’s the only way you will feel good enough to get the attention you deserve.
To learn more and if you have the wrong traffic download: …
3. Your Website, Content, And Product Suck
Look objectively at your website.
Is it any good?
How do you stack up against your competition?
Are you better than your competition or is your website garbage and any visitor would be better off to go to your competitors?
Be objective and if necessary ask a friend that knows your business and your competition what he thinks. You don’t want to ask friends or family that know nothing about your industry, because they might give you bad advice as they aren’t your target market.
If you haven’t such a friend write me an email and I will give you my honest feedback.
Be honest with yourself:
- Is your website any good?
- Is it easy to read and navigate?
- Is it clear what a visitor should do once they land on your website?
- Is your content/product solving a problem? Or do you only talk about yourself?
- What do you and your website stand for? What are you against?
- What is your unique angle?
- Does a new visitor get what your website is about? Or will he be confused?
- Is your product the best in the marketplace? Or do you know that a competitor has a better product and service?
- Do you have the best service?
- And even if your product and service aren’t the best, do you at least care the most?
Answering these questions will get you to insights that if you follow them and act upon them will make you profitable.
In the end, it all comes down to this: Do you have a product people actually want and that is great?
If you have such a product and market it a little bit, it will sell itself afterward.
4. You Follow An Old Money Making System That Never Worked In The First Place
This is especially true if you have a blog.
And if having a blog is your only strategy.
A blog alone is not a real business. It’s only a business if you either get millions of visitors or you sell other stuff like coaching, consulting, e-commerce products, guides.
Because a blog isn’t a business but a traffic generation strategy. And in most part and for a lot of companies a very slow or difficult one to execute.
A blog is a strategy to get people to your website. Not more.
At last, let’s look at some common reasons that might attribute to it, but aren’t the biggest reasons why you aren’t making any money.
- your website isn’t optimized for mobile devices,
- you don’t know your audience,
- your site is disorganized,
- your site is not optimized for selling,
- your website is ugly,
- your conversion process sucks,
- you lack credibility.
These might all be good and right reasons at which we will look deeper in another article.
- Are you actually following a business strategy that will get you to success?
- Do you have a product that people want to buy?
- Do have qualified visitors that want to buy your product?
- Is your website & product great or is your competition better?
- Are you sold on your business and product to get the attention it deserves?
Can You Do Me A Favor?
Would you give me a chance to change your life? By subscribing to my newsletter and getting a free guide? You can unsubscribe at any time and I will be out of your life. What have you got to lose? Don't wait any longer, or you will ask yourself in a year, why you didn't take action.