If you want to change your life, you need time.
How are you going to get that time? By waking up earlier than you normally do.
If you usually wake up at 5 am, it’s 4 am now.
If you usually wake up at 9 am, it’s 8 am now.
You get the idea.
Then use this one hour to change your life. Use it to do what you know you have to do. This is your hour. This is where everything changes.
How to wake up early?
The trick in waking up early is to go to bed early.
And let’s be honest: Are you doing anything productive after 10 pm anyway?
If you do great, otherwise go to sleep.
Watching television two hours a day accumulates to one month a year. One month of only watching tv and nothing else. No sleep, no dinner, just watching television.
One month you could use to reinvest in yourself! Just imagine what you could achieve in that month?
Next time, you think about why your life doesn’t change, consider how much time you are wasting with watching television, playing video games, or social media?!
I know it’s not easy to change your habits. Especially if it involves waking up earlier. But give it a try.
Try it for a week or two. If you don’t like it, you can still say: “Waking up early is not for me, but at least I tried.“
Improve Your Sleep Quality
Next, improve the quality of your sleep.
If you are sleepy all the time, you can’t be productive and any time gain you made by waking up earlier will be wasted.
Find your perfect sleep routine.
Every person is different, that’s why there is no one size fits all solution.
Find your own solution!
Here are a few things that are recommended by sleep specialists!
Better Sleep Recommendations:
- Always go to bed at the same time.
- Wind down at least an hour before you go to bed.
- Make your surroundings as quiet and dark as possible.
- No screens in bed. No TV or mobile phone in the bedroom. Read a book instead.
- No coffee after 4 pm. Or any other drink that has similar effects as coffee.
- Finish your dinner at least 4 hours before you go to bed.
- Exercise daily.
- Use your bed only for sleep or sex.
- Record yourself sleeping or go into a sleep lab to find any medical problems that hinder you to have a good quality of sleep.
- Adjust the temperature of your bedroom. Try out a bedroom temperature between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit for optimal sleep.
- By a new bed, mattress, or pillow.
Try out and see what works for you.
You have not much to lose.
- Go to bed earlier. An average adult needs 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
- So if you want to wake up at 5 am, set the alarm at 9 pm. Now you have one hour to wind down before going to bed at 10 am.
- Use the time you just created to change your life. That way, you might achieve more till 10 am than most people do all day.
Don’t compromise on your sleep!
Next Read: 3 Easy Steps To Change Your Life Today
Can You Do Me A Favor?
Would you give me a chance to change your life? By subscribing to my newsletter and getting a free guide? You can unsubscribe at any time and I will be out of your life. What have you got to lose? Don't wait any longer, or you will ask yourself in a year, why you didn't take action.